Click Install to get SomaFM Radio Player, no jailbreak or PC required on iOS devices.
SomaFM's official app, giving you access to over 30 year-round channels of listener-supported, commercial-free, underground/alternative radio, with all music hand-picked our award-winning DJs and music directors.
Lifehacker.com calls SomaFM one of the "Five Best Internet Radio Services" and says "completely user and listener-supported, which means no ads or commercials during your broadcasts, and the channels and programs aired at SomaFM are rarely heard anywhere else."
- No registration required; no additional purchases required!
- View stations by Popularity, Genre or your favorites
- Shows name and artist of currently playing song and history of songs played.
- Bookmark, Share title and search iTunes for the playing song
- Background streaming: use other apps while listening.
- Integration with many car stereo units via Dock Connector or Bluetooth
- Remote control: Pause and restart playing as well as skip between favorite channels from your headphone remote, lock screen controls.
- High and low bandwidth streaming: 128k MP3 and 64-80kb AAC-HE (high); great-sounding 32kb AAC-HE and good-quality 40kb MP3 (low).
- AAC-HE support for highest quality audio even at the lowest bitrates.
Never listened to SomaFM before? Here's our lineup, which are all commercial free:
Groove Salad: A nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves.
Downtempo electronica, mostly instrumental. Great for work.
Secret Agent: The soundtrack for your stylish, mysterious, dangerous life. For Spies and P.I.s too!
An eclectic blend of cinematic downtempo, stylish lounge, sambas and easy-tempo with an adventurous flair.
Drone Zone: Served best chilled, safe with most medications. Atmospheric textures with minimal beats.
Fluid: Drown in the electronic sound of instrumental hiphop, future soul and liquid trap.
Indie Pop Rocks!: New and classic favorite indie pop tracks.
Left Coast 70s: NEW! Mellow album rock from the Seventies. Yacht friendly.
The mid/late 70s sound that blossomed out of Los Angeles and spread up and down the west coast.